This blog's mission is simple--to encourage moms who are married to non-Catholics and raising their children in the Faith. If you know a mom who needs a little encouragement in continuing her efforts, I would be delighted if you would share Kathleen's Catholic with her. Thank you!

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Honey Bun and Friends

 photo copyrighted by Roger L. Blease

After so many long articles, I thought I'd share with you a simple pleasure. This is our Honey Bun. One spring day several years ago, I went outside to shake a tablecloth clean. I spotted a sickly kitten and thought that if she would come to me I would help her.

Honey Bun did not even wait for my invitation. She simply walked into the house, sat on the rug, and looked up at me. My heart broke for this little waif. She was terribly malnourished and ailing from skin and ear infections, a broken toe, and soft bones. Her fur was also falling out and her belly was bloated. At barely six months old, she endured a very cold northeast winter. When I picked up her bony body, she began to lick my hand and purr with a soft yet deep voice.

It took two years of tender loving care and the help of my father-in-law to bring her back to health. My father-in-law is a veteranarian and the founder of a no-kill shelter called Common Sense for Animals (visit them at ww.commonsenseforanimals.org). Today she is obviously enjoying life and she is...well...fat. She is our resident Garfield. And she is well loved.

This adorable photo was snapped by my husband, a talented photographer. Honey Bun's name suits her: she is very round and very sweet. God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are warmly welcome to share your thoughts. Please do so, and feel free to share your links! If you are enjoying this post, won't you please consider linking it to your blog, twitter, or Facebook page? Let's help spread the good news of our Catholic Faith, but please remember that these items are copyrighted to Kathleen Blease. Thanks for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...