This blog's mission is simple--to encourage moms who are married to non-Catholics and raising their children in the Faith. If you know a mom who needs a little encouragement in continuing her efforts, I would be delighted if you would share Kathleen's Catholic with her. Thank you!

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

The Peace of Christ, Supernatural

by Kathleen Blease



The peace of  Christ is truly different that any "peacefulness" we can feel. It is not of human origin. It's truly divine.

During the past year, I have been blessed to experience this peace.

In the past, I always thought that the peace of Christ was a general serenity I would experience in the absence of stress. For example, when I practiced a stress-reduction exercise--which could be as simple as deep breathing--I could feel my muscles relax, my heart beat slow, and the general stress begin to leave my body. The stress from within was then moved without.

I was certainly wrong in expecting the Peace of Christ to be of this human nature. This is but one way I can describe it.

When the Peace of Christ enters, it comes from without and moves within. It feels to me like a stream that enters me then begins to puddle and fill my soul. This Peace is not the absence or removal of something--such as stress--but the infusion of Christ, by the power of the Holy Spirit.

It is easy to recognize, as it is nothing that we humans could possibly conjure up or force to happen. It is not an emptying but a filling, and it is complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are warmly welcome to share your thoughts. Please do so, and feel free to share your links! If you are enjoying this post, won't you please consider linking it to your blog, twitter, or Facebook page? Let's help spread the good news of our Catholic Faith, but please remember that these items are copyrighted to Kathleen Blease. Thanks for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...